THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY PEPSI AND DARIEN LAKE THEME PARK RESORT. ALL THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.
My Memorial Day weekend was well spent with friends at Darien Lake and I can't wait to share my amusement park survival guide with you guys!
Don't forget to visit http://www.darienlake.com/pepsi and use code PEPSI to get buy-one-get-one tickets! This awesome free deal runs until of June 25.
These tips and tricks will make sure you’re well prepared.
One of the coolest parts about Darien Lake has definitely got to be their amenities! Whether you're just looking for a weekend getaway or entertaining family from out of town, the Cabin Villages are a perfect option!
I stayed in Cabin Village A and they were adorable! I’d definitely call this “glamping.” If you've ever seen "Tiny House" on HGTV, that's the vibe you get in these tricked out cabins. With a full kitchen, refrigerator, fireplace and AC, you'll be able to customize your stay however you please.
With a spacious sleeping loft, pull out couch, bunk beds and queen size bed, a family of 4-5 adults fits comfortably!
I'd say if you're planning on getting a cabin, definitely come prepared with charcoal for the grill, firewood, and of course, smores essentials.
You'll also need:
• Pillows, sleeping bags/blankets - especially if you plan on utilizing the loft!
• Food - because there are a refrigerator and charcoal grill, you could totally whip up your own meal for breakfast or a last night snack
• Toiletries – the cabins have a full bathroom, which means you'll be able to refresh yourself after a long day at the park. While mini shampoo and conditioners are provided, I always like to bring my own. Bath & BodyWorks aromatherapy lavender vanilla body wash puts me right to sleep!
STOCK YOUR PURSE
I like to bring a medium size crossbody bag whenever I'm going to be out and about all day. These are some of my essentials.
1. A map: if you're not familiar with the park, having a map is super handy. Sometimes not everyone in your group will be a ride fanatic, so having a common meeting place, like The Giant Wheel, is a great idea. You can't miss it!
2. Beauty essentials & Sunglasses: Some of the beauty products I like to keep on hand in the summertime are setting powder, a little brush, concealer, my beauty blender and refreshing wipes. Summer means hot weather and as a Buffalonian, I'm not a fan of 80 degrees unless I'm at a beach. These essentials will get you through your day and be available for quick touch ups!
Whatever you do, don't bring your $200+ sunglasses with you! I'm one of those people who'd totally rather be safe than sorry! And while I love my RayBans and Quay sunnies, I like to take care of them. I'm constantly just throwing my sunglasses back in my purse while I'm at the park so bring a pair that's easily replaceable. My trendy mirrored pair were just $10 on Amazon!
My last tip includes two of my favorite things: food and rides. Now I'm the one that says, "Let's get on the Twister!" not realizing all of my friends haven eaten a huge meal. The reason I'm always ready for rides is that I really make it a point to share my food. If I know I'm going to be twisting and turning , I think this is such an easy way to avoid getting an upset stomach.
Plan a part of your evening where you decide that you're done with rides and then you can eat all the fried dough in the world. I swear DL's fried dough is the size of a pizza! Seven of us were able to share it.
I hope this little survival guide inspires you to take a trip to Darien Lake this summer! I had so much fun during my stay there and it really brought back some of my favorite childhood memories. Thank you Darien Lake for your amazing hospitality ( Mary you were amazing!)
I know I'll be back at DL later this summer. Once that heat wave hits, I'm so ready for some fun at Splash Town.
Til next time!