I'm sure I'm not the only one that spends a ridiculous amount of time looking at those 60-second recipe videos on Facebook. I'm also sure I'm not the only one that never gets around to actually making the recipe, until today!
The inspiration for this recipe came from this video from Goodful.
Here's the recipe.
Toppings of choice (I used colby jack cheese!)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Slice the avocados in half and remove the pits.
3. Place the avocado halves on a baking sheet and scoop out some of the flesh to make a bigger hole.
4. Crack one egg into each hole and season with salt and pepper.
5. Top with toppings of choice and bake for 15 minutes or until yolk reaches desired consistency.
6. Sprinkle with fresh herbs and enjoy!
Now, I will say my preparation wasn't as glamourous as those dreamy producers make it look, so here's what I would do differently:
1. Use smaller eggs. I always buy large eggs but this type of recipe would definitely work better with medium.
2. Season more. I only sprinkled garlic powder on the top of the egg, but next time I would definitely season the avocado itself then add a little salt and pepper on top. I found it a little less flavorful than I anticipated for this reason. I think adding little chopped onions would've been good too!
3. Get a medium sized avocado. Avocado shopping can be difficult. I've definitely brought some home before that ended up brown (fail). For this recipe, I think you want to find an avocado that's on the larger side since I fell into the issue of the egg spilling over a little.
Overall, I think this was a win and I'd definitely do it again!
Hope I've inspired you to have a little fun with your breakfast.